Implant-Supported Dentures in Northampton, MA
Implant-supported dentures are a type of denture that is anchored in place by dental implants. They offer several benefits over traditional dentures, including increased stability, improved chewing ability, and a more natural-looking smile.
Getting implant-supported dentures generally involves several steps, including a consultation with your dentist to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure, placement of the dental implants, and attachment of the denture to the implants.
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Northampton, MA, we offer a range of implant-supported denture options to meet the individual needs of our patients. Our experienced dental professionals will work with you to determine the best course of treatment to achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
What is an Implant-supported Denture?
An implant-supported denture is a type of denture that is secured in place using dental implants. This type of denture is designed for people who have lost their teeth and want a more stable and permanent solution than traditional dentures.
Implant-supported dentures are typically made up of a set of artificial teeth attached to a metal framework. The framework is then secured to dental implants and surgically placed into the jawbone. The dental implants anchor the denture, providing a strong and stable foundation.
One of the main benefits of implant-supported dentures is that they can help to prevent bone loss in the jaw. When teeth are missing, the bone in the jaw can begin to deteriorate over time. Dental implants help stimulate the jawbone and prevent this deterioration, which can help maintain the face’s structure and prevent further tooth loss.
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Northampton, MA, we offer implant-supported dentures as a treatment option for our patients. If you are interested in learning more about implant-supported dentures or would like to schedule a consultation, please get in touch with our office today.
What is the procedure for getting implant-supported dentures?
The process of getting implant-supported dentures typically involves several steps. First, your dentist will thoroughly examine your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
If you are a good candidate, the next step is to place the dental implants in your jawbone. This involves a minor surgical procedure where the implants are placed into the jawbone and allowed to heal over a period of several months. During this time, a temporary denture may be worn to help you eat and speak normally.
Once the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, abutments are attached to the implants. These abutments are anchors for the denture and are used to attach the denture to the implants.
The final step is to create and attach the denture to the abutments. The denture is custom-made to fit your mouth and provide a comfortable and secure fit. Once the denture is attached to the abutments, you can enjoy the benefits of a fully functional and natural-looking smile.
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Northampton, MA, our experienced dentists will work with you every step to ensure a successful implant-supported denture procedure. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a healthy and beautiful smile.
What is the cost of implant-supported dentures for dental patients?
What Are the Benefits of Implant-supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures offer numerous benefits for dental patients who have lost multiple or all of their teeth. Here are some of the benefits:
- Stability: Implant-supported dentures are anchored in place by dental implants, providing a stable and secure fit superior to traditional dentures.
- Improved function: The stability of implant-supported dentures allows for better chewing and speaking abilities, as the dentures won’t slip or move around in the mouth.
- Preservation of bone density: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, which can help to preserve bone density and prevent further bone loss.
- Improved appearance: Implant-supported dentures look and feel like natural teeth, which can help to improve a patient’s overall appearance and self-confidence.
- Long-lasting: With proper care and maintenance, implant-supported dentures can last for many years, making them a cost-effective option in the long run.
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Northampton, MA, we offer implant-supported dentures as a solution for patients who have lost multiple or all of their teeth. Our experienced dentists can evaluate your needs and help you determine if implant-supported dentures are the right choice.
What are the ways to maintain and care for implant-supported dentures?
Implant-supported dentures require proper care and maintenance to ensure their longevity and effectiveness. Here are some ways to maintain and care for your implant-supported dentures:
- Brush and floss regularly: Just like natural teeth, implant-supported dentures need to be brushed and flossed regularly to remove plaque and bacteria. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching the denture.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash: Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to kill any remaining bacteria.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: Hard and sticky foods can damage dentures and even break them. Avoid eating foods like hard candy, popcorn, and sticky caramel.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential for maintaining implant-supported dentures. Your dentist can detect any problems early on and provide treatment if necessary.
- Please don’t neglect the gums: Maintaining healthy gums is important to ensure the success of your implant-supported dentures. Gently massage your gums with a soft-bristled toothbrush or use a water flosser to keep them clean.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your implant-supported dentures remain in good condition and provide you with a beautiful, functional smile for years.