Porcelain veneers in Northampton, MA
What is a Porcelain Veneer?
What Are the Differences Between Veneers and Crowns?
Veneers and crowns are dental restorations that can improve the appearance and function of your teeth. However, there are some key differences between the two:
- Coverage: Crowns cover the entire tooth, while veneers only cover the tooth’s front surface.
- Thickness: Crowns are generally thicker than veneers, which can require more removal of the natural tooth structure.
- Purpose: Crowns are typically used to restore a tooth that has been significantly damaged or decayed, while veneers are often used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, stained, or slightly misaligned.
- Material: Crowns can be made of a variety of materials, including metal, porcelain fused to metal, or all-ceramic. Veneers are usually made of porcelain or composite resin.
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Northampton, our trained dentist can evaluate your dental needs and help determine whether veneers or crowns are the right options.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
What Are Lumineers®?
How can I take care of my veneers?
Taking care of your veneers is essential to maintain their longevity and appearance. Here are some tips to help you care for your veneers:
- Brush and floss regularly: Like natural teeth, veneers require regular brushing and flossing to keep them clean and free of plaque and bacteria.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: Refrain from eating hard foods such as ice, hard candy, and popcorn kernels, as well as sticky foods like caramel and gum. These can cause damage to your veneers.
- Wear a mouthguard: If you participate in any contact sports or grind your teeth at night, wearing a mouthguard can help protect your veneers from damage.
- Avoid teeth grinding: Bruxism or teeth grinding can damage your veneers. Consider wearing a nightguard or mouthguard to prevent grinding and protect your veneers.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular check-ups will ensure that your veneers are in good condition and that any issues are addressed promptly.
By following these tips, you can keep your veneers looking their best for years. Contact our dental office in Northampton, MA, if you have any questions or concerns about your veneers or to schedule a consultation.