Perio Protect in Massachusetts and Connecticut
Neglecting proper oral hygiene after eating or drinking can accumulate bacteria on teeth, forming plaque. If not removed through brushing and flossing, plaque can cause gum disease or periodontal disease, resulting in inflammation, swelling, infection, and tooth loss. Untreated gum disease has also been linked to systemic health issues such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory problems, and adverse pregnancy outcomes. Regular brushing, flossing, professional dental cleanings, and early detection through dental exams are essential in preventing gum disease and maintaining overall oral health. Prioritizing oral hygiene is crucial for a healthy smile and overall well-being.
What is Perio Protect?
Perio Protect is a customized treatment for gum disease that uses dental trays filled with medication worn at home. The trays deliver medication directly to the affected areas between the gums and teeth to combat bacteria. It is used in conjunction with regular dental cleanings and oral hygiene practices, and the medication may vary depending on the severity of the gum disease.
The Perio Protect procedure utilizes custom-fitted trays to deliver a 1.7 percent hydrogen peroxide solution to kill bacteria associated with gum disease. This innovative process can result in improved oral health and fresher breath, potentially reducing the need for more invasive surgical procedures. The custom-fit trays ensure maximum effectiveness, and consulting with a dental professional can help determine if Perio Protect is a suitable treatment option.
Is the process of Perio Protect treatment time-consuming?
The Perio Protect treatment is known for its convenience and ease of use, as it involves the use of custom-fit trays that deliver medication directly to the gum pockets. The treatment process typically involves a few minutes of daily at-home use, making it a simple and efficient option for managing gum disease. While the duration of treatment may vary depending on the severity of the gum disease and individual patient needs, it is generally not known for being a lengthy process compared to other traditional gum disease treatments. Consult with us provides to determine if Perio Protect is the right treatment option for your specific oral health needs.
What Benefits Does Perio Protect Offer?
Perio Protect offers several benefits for patients with gum disease:
- Non-invasive: Perio Protect utilizes custom-fit trays to deliver medication directly to the gum pockets without requiring invasive procedures like scaling or root planing.
- Convenient: The trays are designed for at-home use, allowing patients to incorporate the treatment into their daily oral hygiene routine easily.
- Effective: The medication used in Perio Protect is specifically formulated to target the bacteria that cause gum disease, helping to reduce inflammation, fight infection, and promote healing.
- Customized: The trays are custom-made to fit each patient’s mouth’s unique shape and contours, ensuring optimal effectiveness and comfort.
- Long-term management: Perio Protect can be used as a long-term management strategy for gum disease, helping to prevent its progression and maintain healthy gum tissue.
- Minimizes side effects: Perio Protect has minimal side effects compared to traditional gum disease treatments, making it a well-tolerated option for many patients.
Consult with your dental provider to determine if Perio Protect is a suitable treatment option for your gum disease management.
Can All Dentists Provide the Perio Protect Procedure?
All dentists are trained to provide the Perio Protect procedure. Perio Protect is a specialized treatment for gum disease that uses custom-fit trays and medication to target the bacteria causing gum inflammation and infection. Dentists trained and certified in Perio Protect can provide this procedure to their patients. It’s important to consult a dental provider who is experienced and qualified in offering Perio Protect to ensure proper treatment and effectiveness. If you’re interested in Perio Protect, inquire about your dentist’s qualifications and expertise in this specific treatment.