Implant-Supported Dentures in Manchester, CT
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Manchester, we offer implant-supported dentures, a reliable solution for patients with multiple missing teeth. Our experienced team provides personalized treatment plans and strives to create a comfortable and positive experience. Compared to traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures offer improved stability, comfort, and oral health benefits. Please schedule a consultation with us to learn more about implant-supported dentures and make an informed decision for your oral health needs. Contact us today.
What Is an Implant Denture?
Implant-supported dentures are a modern solution to replace missing teeth that can significantly improve your ability to eat, speak, and smile confidently. These dentures are anchored to dental implants surgically placed in your jawbone, providing stability and function similar to natural teeth. Unlike regular dentures that rest on the gums, implant-supported dentures are securely attached to the implants, making them more stable and comfortable. They can be either removable or fixed permanently within the mouth and placed in either the upper or lower parts of the mouth. Our office offers affordable, high-quality implant-supported dentures to help restore your smile and enhance your oral health.
What is the step-by-step process for implant-supported dentures?
The step-by-step process for implant-supported dentures typically involves the following:
- Consultation and Examination: You will have an initial consultation with your dental provider to assess your oral health, discuss your goals and expectations, and determine if you are a suitable candidate for implant-supported dentures.
- Dental Implant Placement: If you are deemed a good candidate, dental implants will be surgically placed into your jawbone by an oral surgeon or periodontist. The number of implants needed will depend on the type of denture and the condition of your jawbone.
- Healing and Osseointegration: After implant placement, a period of recovery is required to allow the implants to fuse with your jawbone in an osseointegration process. This typically takes several months.
- Abutment Placement: Once the implants have fully integrated with your jawbone, abutments (connectors) are attached to the implants to allow for the attachment of the denture.
- Denture Fabrication: Next, your denture will be custom-made based on impressions of your mouth and the desired aesthetics. The denture may be made of acrylic or a combination of materials.
- Denture Attachment: Once your denture is ready, it will be attached to the abutments using special attachments or clips. The denture will be carefully adjusted to ensure proper fit and comfort.
- Follow-up and Maintenance: Regular follow-up appointments with your dental provider will be necessary to monitor the healing process, adjust the denture as needed, and maintain good oral health with proper oral hygiene practices.
What is the total cost of implant-supported dentures?
Implant-supported dentures can vary in cost depending on factors such as the number of dental implants, type of denture, location, and insurance coverage. Dental implant costs can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars per implant, and the denture cost can also vary. Dental insurance coverage for implant-supported dentures may vary, and you should check with your provider. For an accurate cost estimate, it’s best to schedule a consultation with a dentist or oral surgeon who can assess your needs and provide a detailed cost estimate based on your case. Financing options or payment plans are also available to make the treatment more affordable.
Are There Benefits to Having Implant Dentures?
There are several benefits to having implant dentures. Here are some key advantages:
- Enhanced Stability and Functionality: Implant dentures are securely anchored to dental implants surgically placed in the jawbone, providing a stable and secure fit. This allows for improved chewing and speaking abilities without the worry of dentures slipping or shifting.
- Improved Aesthetics: Implant dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth, providing a natural-looking appearance that can enhance your smile and facial features. They are designed to be aesthetically pleasing, giving you confidence in your appearance.
- Preservation of Jawbone and Facial Structure: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss that can occur with traditional dentures. This helps to maintain the integrity of the jawbone and facial structure, preventing the sunken-in look that can occur with missing teeth.
- Long-lasting and Durable: Implant dentures are made from high-quality materials designed to be durable and long-lasting. With proper care and maintenance, implant dentures can last many years, providing a reliable solution for missing teeth.
- Comfort and Convenience: Implant dentures are designed to be comfortable and fit securely in the mouth, eliminating the discomfort and irritation often associated with traditional dentures. They do not require adhesives or pastes, making them more convenient and hassle-free.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike other dental restoration options, implant dentures do not require alteration or damage to adjacent healthy teeth. This helps to preserve the health of your remaining natural teeth and gums.
As a leading dental office in Manchester, Gorgeous Smiles Dental can provide you with comprehensive information and personalized care for implant dentures. Our dental professionals will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your needs, ensuring you enjoy the benefits of implant dentures for a healthier, more confident smile.
What are the recommended methods for maintaining denture implants?
At Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Manchester, we want to ensure that your denture implants stay in top condition for a long lasting, beautiful smile. Here are some recommended methods for maintaining your denture implants:
- Proper Oral Hygiene: Just like with natural teeth, maintaining good oral hygiene is essential for the health of your denture implants. Brush your dentures at least twice daily with a soft-bristled brush and cleaner. Remember to clean your gums, tongue, and the roof of your mouth to prevent plaque buildup.
- Regular Dental Checkups: Visit our dental office in Manchester for regular checkups and professional cleanings. Our experienced dentists will thoroughly examine your denture implants, make any necessary adjustments, and provide expert guidance on maintaining their optimal function and appearance.
- Handle with Care: Denture implants are durable but can still be damaged if mishandled. When cleaning your dentures, use a towel or a water basin to avoid accidentally dropping them. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that can scratch or damage denture material.
- Soak Overnight: Remove your dentures before sleeping and soak them in a denture cleaning solution or water overnight. We help keep them clean and prevent them from drying out, which can cause them to warp or lose shape.
- Avoid Hard or Sticky Foods: While denture implants are designed to withstand the pressures of normal biting and chewing, it’s best to avoid hard or sticky foods that can strain your dentures excessively. Opt for softer foods and cut them into smaller pieces to make eating easier.
- Stay Hydrated: Proper hydration is essential for maintaining the health and comfort of your mouth. Ensure you drink enough water throughout the day to keep your gums and oral tissues moisturized, which can help prevent discomfort or irritation from dryness.
- Replace Worn-out Parts: Over time, the components of your denture implants may wear out or become loose. If you notice any cracks, chips, or changes in fit, contact our dental office in Manchester immediately to schedule an appointment for repairs or replacement.
Following these recommended methods for maintaining your denture implants, you can enjoy a confident smile and optimal oral health. Contact Gorgeous Smiles Dental in Manchester for personalized care and expert guidance on denture implant maintenance.